Sunday, December 27, 2009

What is the prerequisite of being clever?

Use your damn brain !

Finally, I've made something I'm kinda proud of !

It all started with the idea of giving my old car interior a better look, so this christmas I flourish my car with presents.

the useless and noisy wiper - changed 30
abnormal power window motor - changed 70
fluffy seat belt - changed 35
switches for the radio emitter plus electronics - 40

I spent the day thinking how to find the 12 volts wire source of my car, since it's an old car, the units/symbols of the wires are not there anymore to tell me what the heck is that wire for. I got no voltmeter/multimeter, my father don't have one, most my friends don't know what is that, I'm stranded.

So how did I install these 2 switches onto the car?

( the red is for the radio emitter, and the white is a secret )
I cheated.

Since the car cigarette lighter is suitable for the radio emitter, which I know needs 12volts to work. Problem solved, I got my 12 volts source from the car

What I need is some internal wiring to split the wire from the socket, and bring it out to the switches and the ultra bright LEDs.

Though it sounds easy, but I used 3 hours to finish the wiring due to the degree of freedom of my big hands in small and enclosed area in the car, like the place behind the radio, is freaking less.

But still, it is nicely done in the end !

I can even catch the ants making love at night in the car now. Happy!

No comments: